Maloonatic, originally hailing from Gabberdeen (Aberdeen to normal folks) Scotland, was first drawn to dance music after hearing The Prodigy’s ‘Everybody in the Place’ in ’91.
He took to the decks in ’95 and, being a musician, was drawn to the Turntablist side of DJing, so learning the technical side of the craft – the art of turntablism – became Maloonatic’s focus. He began playing gigs in Scotland under the alias ‘The Assassin’ and then ‘HollowPoint’ (after finding out there was already a Dj Assassin). During that time, Maloonatic supported many well known DJs in the scene including Gabberdeen, Lenny Dee, M-Zone, Smurf, Bass Generator, Chosen Few, Paul Elstak, Sharkey, Force & Styles, Ultimate Buzz, Scott Brown to name a few.
Maloonatic moved to Australia in 2003 and initially tried to make in-roads to the breaks scene believing there to be not much hardcore around in Perth (How wrong he was!). Luckily a friend of Maloonatic, MC Partee, came over to Australia around that time and was a bit more pro-active in searching out the Hardcore Massive in Perth and discovered F.O.R.C.E. Entertainment. After introducing Maloonatic to Dan F.O.R.C.E., Maloonatic played a set at ‘A.W.O.L. Oldskool’ and was made a F.O.R.C.E. resident in 2008. Since then he has played most of the F.O.R.C.E events, supported on Noize Suppressor: Sonar World Tour in Sydney and in Perth, supported D-BLOCK & S-Te-Fan @ Magic City and most recently, Tommyknocker at Dominate. He is also on regular rotation at Dominate.
Since 2010, Maloonatic has immersed himself into production. His first release came out in September 2011 with his remix of Cytosynes’ track ‘Lost’ appearing on ‘The Harder View Digital’ on THV011 – A remix E.P. of Cytosynes track, Lost. It also came 9th in the 2011 PDMA’s Producer Category.
Maloonatic’s second release featuring WA’s Slap n Tickle MC came out on Deton8 Digital early 2012, a UK label run by DJ Terror and reached number 6 in the Dutch Hardcore charts on Trackitdown.
You can catch Maloonatic on UK based online radio station ‘Toxic Sickness’ fortnightly on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month @ 8pm GMT. He also plays occasionally on Playhardstyle.com on the Perthcore Show hosted by Slap N Tickle MC.
A Maloonatic set will be dark, hard and devoid of any cheesy melodies. It will hit hard at a range of between 160 – 220bpm and it’ll be more than just a DJ set. Maloonatic brings sets to life with beat juggling and scratching and showcases his technological mastery using a blend of Vinyl, Traktor with Vinyl Timecodes and the X1 controller.
Experience the energy and the passion of a Maloonatic DJ set (which has been known to blow crowds away and cause MCs to fall off stages all over Perth) right here as he debuts on Teknoscape Sessions.
1. Ophidian – Butterfly (Ophidian VIP edit)
2. Breathing Hell – Infra-Struktur
3. Angel – Psycho
4. Section Grabuge – Exploited’s Not Dead
5. Tymon – Weapons of War
6. Maloonatic – Stories Of The Dead
7. Lenny Dee – The Dreamer (Buzz Fuzz Remix)
8. Unnatural Selection & Cik – Day of Judgement (Ophidian Remix)
9. Critical Mass – Crtitical Mass – Burning Love (the Viper Remix)
10. Decipher & Shinra – Oblivion
11. Dione – Thunderstruck
12. Neophyte & Tieum – Les Saboteurs (Original Mix)
13. Rob Da Rhythm – Gather Round Ya Speakerz
14. Decipher & Shinra – Casualties of war
15. Prankster – Blood & Tears
16. Chosen Few – Name of the DJ (Neophyte & Tha Playah Mix)
17. Juanma – Living Changes
18. Dione – Loud as a whisper
19. Temper Tantrum – Fuckin Hostile (The Outside Agency Remix)
20. D-Passion & Promo – The Next Level
21. Tommyknocker – Demolition (Evil Activities & Lenny Dee remix)
22. Endymion & Nosferatu – Uphold The Future
23. Rob Da Rhythm – Brainfire Funk
24. Maloonatic – Fuck That Shit ft Slap n Tickle MC
25. DJ Mad Dog – Lost (feat. Nosferatu)
26. Unexist – No. 1
27. Al Twisted & Rob Da rhythm – Pish Stained Rancid Tramp (Negative A Remix)
28. Gabberdeen – The Keeper
29. Al Twisted – Chaos Evolves
30. Tripped – Serial Wanker (Producers Super Abusive Mix)
31. Animal Intelligence – The World Is Mine
32. Sadistic & Blitz – 8 Hour Drug Lords
33. Gabberdeen – I’m Gonna Hurt You